A poser

Announcements and instructions regarding the board
laughingcrow

A poser

Post by laughingcrow »

What is the Usergroups thing up there in the top-right hand corner, and what is it supposed to do? Links??? Been wondering about that for ages...and have only just plucked up the courage to ask the almighties on the board. Have mercy on me oh benevolent leaders! :D
DrSpooky
Site Admin

Post by DrSpooky »

From the phpBB Userguide online:

http://phpbb.com/support/guide/#section4_4

4.4: Usergroups

Usergroups are a powerful feature of phpBB 2.0.0. They allow moderator permissions, private permissions, and any other special user settings to be granted to multiple people. This makes it easy to change settings for a group that has things in common without having to edit each user's individual permissions. It is also possible to make the Group Moderator (controls group membership) someone who is not an administrator, granting power to users without leaving your board's administration panel vulnerable.

I believe this is primarily used on boards that have a larger number of users. Please feel free to look at anything on the Userguide online though as it is a public website and can answer questions any of you might have.

I am getting ready to make some updates and patches on the phpBB software, some security related, but it should not affect the board at all as far as down time. I will let you all know if that changes.
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

Thanks Dr S! :D